Talisman Vimeo Videos

Sunday 4 November 2007

New SMC Cairngorms Rock and Ice Guidebook surprise...


I recently posted a few lighthearted comments on winter climbing grades on the UKClimbing forum saying that with the new SMC 'Cairngorm Rock and Ice climbing' guidebook being due out soon I would need to purchase the latest guidebook along with an extra book shelf to accommodate my growing Cairngorm's guidebook collection...
The following day Fi mentioned "what do you think of Andy Nisbet's comment about my complimentary copy and pleasant surprise on the front cover..." I hadn't noticed the post and I couldn't believe my eyes when I did quick search on the SMC publications website. Yes there was a thumbnail picture of the new guidebook front page and of Fi in red with a white helmet climbing the fingers on Finger Ridge.
It was one of the photos of a classic day out guiding with Dave, a regular client, that I'd sent in to the SMC a few months earlier. It had been chosen as the front cover of the new guide. Was I and Fi chuffed...!
Later on we had a cheeky look at the guidebook in the shops and found three of the photos I'd sent in had been used in the guide. One photo of Fi taken by me and two photos of me taken by Fi meant a complimentary copy and a nice cheque for both of us...
The new Cairngorm's guide can be purchased from the SMC website at http://www.smc.org.uk/Publications/Publications.php?ID=49 and all good outdoor shops...
The guidebook is a real bargain and recommended by us as a great guide to the Cairngorms. It has great topos and lots of recent action photos...!

No comments: