Talisman Vimeo Videos

Saturday 8 March 2008

Very wet and windy with snow around 750 metres

Saturday has been the wettest day of the season for me with the ski road and the trails looking like rivers at times...! I kept the camera in the bag to keep it dry so no pictures. The weather was very mixed with gusty winds and torrential downpours one minute and sunshine and blizzards a few minutes later. Above 750-850 metres the snow was lying on the old snow and in sheltered hollows. Fi had a group doing winter skills in the shelter of the Coire Cas ridge. The snow was good for ice axe arrests but generaly softish for crampon practise. I had Sara and Chris with me in the Ciste looking at the construction of snow anchors and placing pegs. Tomorrow will hopefully be colder but feel drier and warmer. Hopefully I won't have to wring out my gloves too much!

1 comment:

tiga271 said...

Nice weather - at least you found out what the 'S' in Saturday was for !