Talisman Vimeo Videos

Tuesday 22 February 2011

Toothed ridge




It was a bright calm morning as Brian and I headed up Fiacaill Ridge. Conditions in the corries looked stunning with plenty of snow and heavily rimed rock.
I'd decided to save taking photos of the Sneachda crags so I could use them for a spectacular back drop later. Unfortunately the cloud descended as we roped up for the final difficulties on the most direct line - just as I was about to snap a few photos!
While my photos were spoiled by the mist Brian later confessed that he was more than happy that he couldn't see the cliff edges and drops!!
We returned over Cairn Lochain and Lurchers keeping well away from the large cornices that loomed out of the mist.

1 comment:

Talisman Mountaineering | Cairngorm Guides said...

An email from Brian....

Hi Ron,

Arrived home safely.
I want to say a big thank you to you for such an enjoyable and enriching experience.
I learned so much about working with crampons, axe, harness etc - and learned a lot about myself.
It is said that you should do something everyday that scares you. Thanks for supporting and encouraging me to do things that I have never done in my 59 years. You are a master of your craft.

Best wishes.

Brian