Talisman Vimeo Videos

Saturday 26 February 2011

Winter skills and crevasses...




I was out with Colin, Amy and Iain today looking at basic ice axe and crampon skills.
It was a nice settled day with good firm snow conditions for cramponning across to and up Coire Laogh Mor. The snow has refrozen and is already quite icy in places. Over the next few days the snow will refreeze harder and harder making crampons and good technique essential even on quite moderate terrain and on the plateau. The remaining corrie rim cornices look stable but have interesting creep crevasses from the recent thaw...

1 comment:

Talisman Mountaineering | Cairngorm Guides said...

Email:

"Hi Ron,

You had Colin, Amy and myself out for basic skills day a week ago Saturday (spotted your blog post!). I missed you when we got back down to the village but I just wanted to say a big thanks. Thoroughly enjoyed the day, and feel like I learnt loads. I know Amy feels likewise.

Unfortunately I'm back in London now, but maybe you'll be seeing us again next winter for some more in depth stuff!

cheers,
Iain"